Another Harry Potter inspired recipe! Savoury pumpkin pasties, great for a late night snack but make a few of them per person and they can also be eaten as an actual dish!
Unfortunately, this is one of the recipes that was lost with the crash of my website. So I can tell you what I used and everything, but I’m not sure of the measurements anymore, so sorry!
This is what I used:
- Pastry, you can use puff pastry or pie pastry, whatever you like
- Pumpkin puree
- Different kinds of nuts
- Grated cheese
- Rosemary and salt
Like I said, I don’t know the exact recipe anymore, but this is how I did it.
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C.
- Bake the nuts in a dry pan with the rosemary and salt until they start to colour. Take the pan of the heat and let the nuts cool and chop them roughly.
- Mix the pumpkin puree with the grated cheese and the nuts.
- Cut rounds from the pastry, I used a big bowl to make the rounds.
- Scoop the pumpkin-cheese-nut-filling in the center of the pastry rounds, fold the pastry and close the edges by pressing them with a fork. Cut one or two holes in the top so the hot air goes out that way and doesn’t push open the edges.
- Coat the pumpkin pastries with some eggwash on top, you can sprinkle a little salt or sesame seeds on top if you like.
- Bake the pumpkin pastries for about 15 to 20 minutes until they’re golden brown on top. They might need a little longer, depending on the size, but keep an eye on them!
If you ask me, they look super cute and they taste amazing! You can try different fillings for these savoury pumpkin pasties too if you like, I’m definitely going to do that soon.