So this is not a very innovative recipe, but a few of you asked my how I make my pumpkin soup. So today I’m sharing with you my favourite pumpkin soup: pumpkin-carrot soup with creme fraîche.
THIS IS WHAT I USED for 4 bowls of soup:
- 1 Hokaido pumpkin
- 4 large carrots
- 1 big onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 125 ml of creme fraîche
- 1 table spoon of olive oil
- A liter of vegetable broth
The Pumpkin-carrot soup with creme fraîche Recipe
- Cut the onion in large pieces and bake in one tablespoon of olive oil until they become translucent.
- Chop the clove of garlic and add to the onions, bake for 2 minutes.
- Cut the Hokaido pumpkin and 4 carrots in chunks and add to the pan, bake for 5 minutes.
- Add the liter of vegetable broth and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer for 10 minutes or until the carrot and pumpkin is soft.
- Blend the soup until you get a very smooth soup, you can use a blender or a hand blender.
- Scoop the soup in 4 bowls and add a large scoop of creme fraîche in the middle. You can also add the creme fraîche to the soup while blending if you prefer.
And that’s all there is to it! This is my favourite pumpkin soup: Pumpkin-carrot soup with creme fraîche. The carrots make it a little more sweet and the creme fraîche makes it deliciously creamy!
Now if you decide to make this delicious soup yourself too, please feel free to send me a photo via email, Facebook or Instagram! I absolutely love seeing the things you make from my blog.
And if you have a recommendation for a great pumpkin soup yourself, drop a message beneath this blogpost. I’m always up for trying new recipes (as long as they’re vegetarian).